Main muscles worked: Hamstrings, glutes, erector spinae
How to perform this exercise?
- Lie down on the back extension bench and place your feet on the foot pads (toes pointing slightly out)
- Adjust the upper pad to match your height (should be just around your hip) This allows greater ROM (Range of Motion)
- Lower yourself as far down as possible, while still keeping your feet on the foot pads.
- Use your hips to lift yourself up, and squeeze your glutes in the top position.
- Keep the back in a neutral position and avoid overextending it.
Tip: Hold a weight close to your chest to add extra resistance.