Main muscles worked: Glutes (+ hamstrings, quads, adductors)
How to perform this exercise?
- Sit in an upright position and bring the bar towards you into position (bottom of your belly)
- Place your feet on the ground, your back on the bench and lift the bar up
- From the top position, lower your butt down as far as possible without losing your position on the bench
- Extend your your hips and squeeze your glutes at the top
- Keep your knees over toes during the entire movement
- Keep your head/neck in a neutral position
Pro tip: Find a bench, step or something that fits your height. Also make sure it’s stable so that it doesn’t move significantly. My position on the bench in this video is not perfect. On the last 2-3 reps, the bench is moving backwards. You want to avoid that.