Unilateral Back Extension
Main muslces worked: Hamstrings, glutes, erector spinae
How to perform this exercise?
- Lie down on the back extension bench and place your feet on the foot pads
- Adjust the upper pad to match your height (should be just around your hip) This allows for greater ROM (Range of Motion)
- When you’ve found a comfortable postion, simply lift up the leg your not going to use
- Lower yourself as far down as possible, while still keeping your foot on the foot pad
- Use your hips to lift yourself up, and squeeze your glutes in the top position.
- Keep the back in a neutral position and avoid overextending it.
Tip: Hold a weight close to your chest to add extra resistance